A reputation for high-quality work is of paramount importance to the continued success of HDR. Within HDR, we look at quality in terms of the following two different, though interlinked ways:
- The quality of the services provided to our clients and the products that result from those services
- The corporate environment
Services and Products
We are committed to:
- Providing products that are fit for their intended purpose, produced in the most efficient manner possible, and are delivered on time and within client’s budgets
- Providing services that are client-responsive, exceed clients’ expectations and are in accordance with our Quality Management System
- Understanding and meeting all our clients’ quality assurance requirements
- Complying with all relevant legislation, standards and codes
- Incorporating appropriate technology
ISO 9001 Certification
We operate a Quality Management System that complies with the requirements of AS/NZS ISO9001:2008 for the provision of civil engineering design, drafting, project management and contract administration services for industries such as transportation, water and wastewater, health, education, science and technology, justice and corrections, energy and mining. Our Quality Management System is certified by SAI Global.
Our goal is to continually improve the quality of our products and services to our clients, to do each job better than it has been done previously, and to do it correctly the first time, every time.
To achieve this goal we require a commitment to quality by all staff members, who are expected to:
- Understand and adhere to the our Quality Management System
- Keep abreast of advances in their areas of professional expertise and maintain awareness of current standards and good practice in the marketplace
- Communicate appropriately within the company, so our extensive wealth of expertise is most effectively applied
We have implemented and will maintain a Quality Management organization, including the production of a Quality Manual, the implementation and ongoing monitoring of quality standards and the regular conduct of Quality Audits.
Quality Objectives are set each year as part of our annual strategic planning and budgeting process. We believe in having a balanced set of Key Performance Indicators to ensure that these objectives address the four key result areas:
- Project Delivery
Each year targets are set, responsibilities allocated and timing agreed to. Progress towards these targets is reviewed during monthly management meetings.